Wednesday, August 1, 2012

America, the Land that We Love

One of my favorite holidays is Independence Day. It is precious in so many ways. It takes place in the perfect season for barbecues with family and friends and kicking back and "relaxing" during "vacation" (i.e. do we ever REALLY get a vacation with kids?). I love how everyone seems to come together for one great purpose of showing their patriotism. Every year it becomes a little more sentimental to me. Back in the day I would rank the 4th of July as one of my favorite holidays because of the fireworks. I can remember fond memories of watching the "biggest display of fireworks west of the Mississippi" at Fort Vancouver with Neil Diamond singing "God Bless the USA" (still one of my faves) and being completely amazed with each explosion bigger than the previous. Today, I love the 4th for not only the fun parts, but also because I love this country. I value life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I love freedom and that I can choose how I want to live. I believe in the idea of reaping what you sow. I believe that if you work hard you should be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. I believe in being charitable with time, money, talents, etc., but also that the choice of when/where/who to be charitable with is up to you. I believe that most Americans are good people.
Cousin Riley
I am not going to get into politics in this blog as I have far too much to say and want to keep it on a positive side. But, this is my blog and mostly I'm the one who reads it so I will only say a little. I will say that I see our country heading very rapidly in a different direction than one I would choose. There are a gazillion reasons this is so. There are far better sources out there than myself, so there is no need for me to get detailed here. I fear we are heading to destruction. We have learned that knowledge is power. What baffles me is when people say, "I don't get into politics." WHAT!?! This is like saying, "I want others to pave my life." You don't have to be up-to-date on every tiny scenario that happens in the political world because it can consume you and make you quite angry. But knowing more than what mainstream media is feeding you is necessary if you are at all interested in the integrity of yourself, your family, and their future.
I know these posts are really just a journal for myself and my family, and for the most part feel the way I do about America. I love America and want to preserve what we have had in the past. Too much war and labor has gone into shaping and molding Her; don't let Her be destroyed in a sudden "whirlwind of ideas" that are too fast to make you realize that the decisions made for this country have only lead to the deconstructing of Her. If you haven't made the attempt to learn, please do. The current leaders are banking on listlessness, ignorance, and flat-out lying. Oh, and mainstream stations (i.e. ABC, NBC, CBS, alphabet stations) are obnoxiously biased....but you knew that, right?
I really just meant to add a few cute pictures of my kiddos with Grandma and Grandpa Guinn all decked out in red, white and blue. I love my family and I love America. God bless the USA.



Mummi hula-hooping with homemade PVC pipe...she will do this from dawn to dusk unless you ask to see her splits.

Daddy was working at the Fort Vancouver Fireworks display doing chiropractic scans. We brought him a plate of yummy barbecue we enjoyed and played for a few minutes at Esther Short park. We missed him.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

I love America!! And I love this post! You are correct, we are just fed lies and most Americans believe because they don't take the time to learn for themselves. Our Economy is really in trouble and we keep feeding people who should and could work for themselves. I, like you, could go on forever about it. Maybe we should start a political blog... ha ha ha. Your Mom is SO amazing! I have never been able to do the splits!! Your children are just so cute! I love that you blog. I sure do miss you and you can come and visit us ANYTIME!! Maybe next summer?? Just take a nice long drive... We have been wanting to get up to the pacific northwest for a while. Stephen has never been... :)