Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Perfect Easter Weekend

We had one of the best weather days for Easter this year! The day before Easter, Reina enjoyed two parties. The first was a birthday party for a friend from daycare. Her favorite part was the jumpy house set up in their driveway and the cake. My favorite was the Mediterranean-inspired dishes (father is from Jordan). Baelor was napping at home while Paul was mowing the lawn for the first time. Although the weather was perfect, the grass was long and wet so it took him hours to do. I think of that song by Sheryl Crow "....the first cut is the deepest." After that party, Baelor tagged along with Reina and myself for an Easter egg hunt at her friend Abigail's house. Her parents are eastern European, so we had quite the multi-cultural day! At the close of her day, Reina said "That was the BEST day in the WHOLE world ever I had."

We got home just in time to dye some Easter eggs before bedtime.


Easter Sunday. I was so excited for matching outfits!
 


Matching baskets!



Dapper dude in a bow tie


Reina has been learning so much about Jesus in her Sunbeams class- her teachers are a fabulous newlywed couple. We are so excited to see her excited to go to church. Reina please always love going to church... 




I hosted Easter this year, as we've had many occasions at my sister Sanni's house. I think she deserved a break. We enjoyed the company of grandparents, siblings and cousins to reflect upon this special day. Really this day was light and simple so we could reflect upon our Savior and the great gift He has given to us.
 

It was so beautiful that the kids ate dessert outside and then we all ventured on the path behind our home.


1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Your family is so beautiful! I am so glad I got to know you and Paul in college. Matching outfits is the best!!