Sunday, August 3, 2014

Remembering Mount Saint Helens



It has been a while since I've been able to post anything; our hard drive on our computer was quitting. Luckily Paul saved our stuff and got it transferred over to a new one. Phew! It's always been a fear of mine. Anyway, we started July with a wonderful Independence Day camping trip with my sister Sanni's family and their friends, the Rafns that we've also known for years up near Mt. St. Helens.

 

The weather was just perfect for a nice camping weekend at Seaquest State Park. The kids had a fun time playing near the campsite and at a little park, and just exploring the surroundings of the campground. Even cousin Karter came to hang out with Baelor for a few hours




It has been YEARS since I have really visited Mt. St. Helens from the side that the eruption happened. I think last time I was five? Just the ride to the viewpoint was beyond amazing and I couldn't stop taking pictures from the car. So if these pictures look good with a snapshot camera in a moving car, imagine how the view was in person! I think our Heavenly Father spent a little extra time creating the Pacific Northwest.


My sister has the same car so this is what we look like driving through St. Helens



We watched a presentation from a ranger who remembers the day this happened as a girl.





Of course we went on a nice hike and enjoyed the view of the mountain and flowers. I heard zero complaints from any of the kids- all little outdoor adventurers.






We feel blessed to be so close to beauty and so close to family. Couldn't ask for much more than this!

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

WOW! It is so beautiful up there! I absolutely have to come up for a visit!! Our kids would have a blast. BTW, you look amazing!