Wednesday, November 4, 2009



Candy, Carving, and Coeur d'Alene!

We just love Halloween! I guess I'm speaking for the family, but Paul and Reina seemed to enjoy dressing up and getting free candy as well. This year our costume theme was somewhat "Lord of the Rings-ish". Reina was a fairy princess, Paul a Knight (next time I promise his costume will be homemade and much cooler), and me a wood elf. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I had elf ears as well. I was pleased with myself in that I sewed/put together most of my costume and also made Reina a cloak to go over her dress thanks to verbal instruction from my mother-in-law. We took a quick 6-hour trip to my brother's house in Coeur d'Alene to enjoy the picturesque fall town scene that thrives there. The little shops on Main street all gather and hand out candy to the trick-or-treaters at closing time, and then all of the houses, which are well-kept Craftsman and Victorian style designs are decorated for fall fun.





Teem (pirate), Emily (witch), Miia (unicorn), Kaija (witch), Luukas (spidy-man)


My brother Teem created this carnivorous man, and Paul created the victim!





3 comments:

Schmitt Family said...

Reina is so adorable.
Love the pumpkin creation.

Richard Davies said...

I love the killer pumpkin!! Excellent job, Teem and Paul.

Julie Barnes said...

I LOVE love LOVE Halloween as well. You three sure look great!