Sunday, October 28, 2012

My First Horsey Ride

Family is a wonderful thing! This past summer my sister Tarja and her three children, Reagan, Kamryn, and Ethan visited. They love coming up north from California to enjoy the "woodsie" Pacific Northwest. One of the activities on their "to do" list while visiting was to go horseback riding. Luckily Paul's brother, Bryan and his family live on a nice little farm rather close. Yay! This was a first for Reina, and I think all of the kids!


The kids were anticipating their rides so I took a quick picture of what appear like "naturals" at farm life. Cousins Logan and Lauren (Bryan and Wendy's girls) are naturals of course.

Kamryn brushing the horse



Aunt Wendy grew up on a farm in Nevada and was basically raised on a horse. She was involved in farming, 4H, and barrel racing. She showed ya'll the basics of horse care. Ok, I just wanted to say ya'll, even if it wasn't following the laws of grammar.


Reagan looked as though she had been riding for years. Very comfortable. You could see the drive in her eyes.


Ethan enjoyed the horses, until Reina's older cousins Brecken and Degan came home and started playing video games
 

  

Reina wasn't scared of the horse at all! I expected she would be for a few minutes at least, but she was a brave little 3 year old!

 
I think my sister, Tarja was the most excited for this adventure as she literally squealed with delight when I broke her the news that we would go horse-back riding.





2 comments:

SanniD said...

I missed out! I didn't even know that they have horses! Guess it's good I read the blog otherwise we'd be strangers.

Julie Barnes said...

So much fun!!!