Thursday, August 29, 2013

Loon Lake Trip 2013

Our annual Loon Lake trip was a success yet again! We had excellent weather, 90 degrees everyday which is perfect weather if you are in the lake all day.


 
Miia, Kaija and Kamryn diving....ready, set, GO!



We did the usual swimming, boating, fishing, tubing, and eating with great success! We only had one mishap with my sister Sanni who on her first ride on the tube was bounced off and her husband bonked her cheek. She got a nasty black eye right in time for family pictures...although I was impressed with her makeup skills.

Having fun before the BIG wave
Look at Sanni (far left) upon seeing the BIG wave come
Actual moment of impact
Reina did not do any fishing this year, but she really showed how brave she is. She followed the example of her older cousins and decided that standing on the tube was far more fun. She kept yelling "Faster, faster!" All while holding her thumb in a "thumbs up" fashion indicating the boat to go faster. You can actually see her mouthing "faster" in the picture.


 
She also became brave this year because she jumped off one dock and swam to the other dock all by herself. She can't swim without a life jacket yet, but I wasn't even in the water when I snapped some pictures of her being such a big girl!
  




Baelor didn't mind relaxing in his little boat since his lower half was floating in the water. Probably his favorite was a watering can which he wanted filled repeatedly to then make a river in the sand. He was easy as usual, even at night.


 
Nash even took part of the relaxing and "saving lives." Apparently Labrador Retrievers are naturally bred to bringing things into safety by pulling a rope.

The dog days of summer...
Nash "rescuing" Ashton
 Finn had a challenge this year since he had a recent broken leg. In fact, he had to go back into town to get the cast off during the first part of the vacation. All we could say was, "Poor Finn". He looked like a pirate with a peg leg...too bad it wasn't Halloween!


A couple of surprises this year included these balls that float on top of the water! Imagine those hamster balls, but for humans. I am quite adventurous, but this TERRIFIED ME! In fact, I was in the process of getting in one and had a mini panic attack and had to get out immediately. I don't fear heights, speed, or really anything else but I do have problems with clausterphobia. It took a little time and coaxing before I attempted again. While I was waiting for the air to be filled, I had to just focus my head down and sing a song. Once it was filled I was fine and even enjoyed it! So I actually got a little braver this trip as well!

Reina and Heleena

Kaija
Emily
Paul



Aliisa
Ethan



 
Matching boonie hats for father and son

We found any excuse to venture out to the market on the scooters

Reagan washing her hair in the lake quite elegantly

Each year there is usually a new addition to the family photo in the form of a baby. Can you figure out who the new "addition" to the family photo is?


 

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

That looks like a lot of fun!! I would love a lake trip, and I love that your family makes it an annual trip! So so so fun! Also, your kiddos are super adorable. I was looking at my Ricks college photo album and found myself really missing you. Hope you are well!!