Thursday, December 25, 2014

All of Fall

As winter begins I better recap just a few fun things from fall that I didn't post already. I'll recap mainly in the form of pictures.


First Portland Trailblazer game.
Mama and boy having a good time.
 

The first day of November, cousin Lauren had a horse-themed birthday party! It was FREEZING COLD, but nothing beats riding ponies. At the beginning, Reina was thrilled. A little while later you could see the complete terror in her face. She would be mouthing "I want to get off", as we would smile and wave at her upon each passing. When she got off the pony she told us she was afraid the pony's foot would get stuck in a hole and make her fall. What a sweet girl for not making a scene over her horrific experience.



 Even siblings were invited. Baelor was a good sport. He could have gone 'round and 'round all day!
 


I happened to dress the kids in argyle one day for church so I suggested the theme to Paul. Darn, I don't even have any argyle stockings!
 

Both Reina and Baelor love when I make oatmeal. Since they are quite impatient in the morning to make real, slow-cooked oatmeal, I've been making homemade oatmeal in the crockpot the night before. It's delicious with apples, cinnamon, chia seeds, a little cream and vanilla. The kids like it topped off with raisins and a dash of milk.


November was REALLY COLD. What made it so cold was the clear skies and the forty plus mph easterly winds. I have never seen so many large trees uprooted and fallen here in Vancouver. I should have taken some pictures! I mean massive trees with roots taller than me standing!



I'm not a big fan of pancakes, but when they are super-thin they are delish! My family likes them sprinkled with sugar. These ones happened to have pureed strawberries in them.
 

Going backwards in weather, just a week before Halloween we had some really warm weather. I had a day off of work and decided to take the kids along with friends, Abby and Emily to the "fun" library that has a whole floor devoted to children and play. It's kind of like OMSI but of course it's free so not quite as spectacular.
 


Reina has known and played with Abby since she was maybe two years old.
 


Part of the play day included the assisted trampoline thing at the mall. Reina was brave enough to flip many times this time. You go girl!



We even stopped at Value Village for some entertainment!



 
We had Grandma and Grandpa Guinn over for taco salad and ice cream, and they also joined us for my free Red Robin birthday burger. It's kind of strange that we don't see Grandma Guinn everyday like we used to when we lived at their home.

 
 

One of my dearest childhood friends, Tisha and her two daughters, invited us to an art studio for kids. I expected someone to be in charge and help with an idea. Nope. It was a little daunting with a bunch of artsy craft items that you could create whatever with. Reina made a couple canvas paintings and a bird. Baelor made a mess. Usually I like to do fun/creative things. This time I just felt like a pre-school teacher trying to keep everything and everyone from getting paint all over their faces or making a large mountain of glue. And you wonder why I teach high school?
 



p.s. I didn't intentionally wear my glasses to look more artistic. Do I have a prescription? No. Just fulfilling my juvenile desires of wanting glasses.


From girly arts and gymnastics to wheels and mud, we enjoy it all!

Playmates: Graison, cousin Karter, and Claira
Lately, our home has been invaded by THOMAS! We usually have to dance around the Thomas tracks as putting them away daily is seriously a waste of time. I tried at the beginning of this train phase of putting them away. It just made more work for me, so now they get put away every 2-3 days. We are just glad that Baelor has substituted taking Thomas (or four Thomas') to bed at night instead of his pacifier. Yay!



No comments: