Thursday, August 11, 2011

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home?

One huge change in our family dynamics is that Paul is no longer commuting to Tacoma each week. We are so happy to have him home every evening now. It is taking me some getting used to. I was in my "single parent" routine for almost 1 1/2 years and got accustomed to the runnings of our day. Reina has adjusted very quickly...in fact too quickly. Now she is calling out for "Daddy, I need water." "Daddy, read me a book." Of course this has made it easier for me, but what happened to her favorite person in the world? Paul reminds me that I am still her #1, but am I really now? We feel like we are always on vacation now that daddy is home. We are so glad he's home! Since he moved back we have been busy organizing the attic, going through old college stuff that we thought we just had to save, getting rid of old furniture and other clutter. We thought about a garage sale, but realized we'd just rather give it away than try to make a few extra bucks. We turned Reina's room into a big girl room; big bed, pink decor, bedside table, etc., but still have to complete it. I didn't paint the walls because we hope to be moving within the next year, so the blue walls will have to do. But the walls do match the picture I found at Goodwill! We are turning Paul's hobby room (Warhammer room) into the baby's room. Still so much has to be cleared out, walls painted, carpet shampooed, but we feel so much better getting rid of all the clutter we've been holding onto. We're not buying anything so it's taken some refurbishing old furniture, reconstituting and "cheap finds" to put it all together. We don't want more stuff and more expenses to hassle with when we move again.

This process of cleaning and clearing is taking longer than we'd like because Paul has to do a lot of the heavy lifting and he hasn't been home much. He is now working at a new chiropractic office here in Vancouver, just 8 minutes from home! This has been such a blessing! He is an associate at Yoder Chiropractic. He is literally only 3 minutes from where I work so I can pop in after work and get a little pop! Already Paul has been busy at the Hawaiian festival and is out at the Clark County Fair for 10 days. We will see very little of him, but are rooting him on for some good work!
Here are a few pictures of Guinn Chiropractic in Tacoma:







No comments: