Monday, August 29, 2011

Halfway, Baby!

I am officially halfway through this pregnancy, or 20 weeks. For sure this pregnancy is going much quicker than the first. We had our ultrasound appointment on Friday to determine the sex of the baby. Here is a poll of what people guessed, at least those I made guess:
myself- boy
Paul- girl
my sister Tarja- girl
my sister Sanni- girl
my brother Teem- boy
my mom- boy
Reina- girl
Paul's mom- girl
Paul's brother Matt- boy
Paul's brother Steve- boy
my dad- boy
my stepmom Connie Jo- boy

So to make it perfectly clear what we are having, here is the ultrasound picture:
 Okay, you can't tell from this picture, so maybe the next one.
I wouldn't have known, unless they specifically pointed out the "turtle" which is just to the right of the word "boy" in the middle of the page. Paul easily picked it out before we were supposed to know. But since he is used to looking at x-rays, he's been trained better to look at scans of the body.

Yep, so we're having a boy. Not quite sure what to think, frankly. I don't know much about boys. I have one brother and he played Barbie's with us. Although he chose the "poor" Barbie with ragged clothes and he'd swap heads with one of the baby heads, so his doll had the same size head as her chest! But we did get to use his Tonka trucks as the perfect size Barbie cars.
I'm not worried about the first few years as all babies and toddlers pretty much want the same things: mama's breast, lots of loves, and colorful toys. I learned a lot about boys when I married Paul. I had no clue how dirty and simple boys were. I'm not putting you males down at all since I enjoyed hanging out with boys much more than girls growing up, but sometimes I just don't want to know what you are thinking or doing. I'll have to put my learning britches on and saddle up for a wild ride! I am of course thrilled that we will be having a baby boy. I just don't know if I will keep up with the male brain and male body. I am even more excited for Paul to have a little man in the house. Now things can be even...almost.
Here's a few pregnancy pics for my journaling purposes:
17 weeks
19 weeks


2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are a blast! Yes, they smell and they get dirty; however, they are a ton of fun! I love my two little boys and I am pretty sure they were given to me because I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. AND you look amazing!! Only 20 more weeks!! Oh did you find out if you have gestational diabetis? I think I remember last time you did. I hope you are all in the clear with this pregnancy.

Richard Davies said...

Profile looks like Paul already....nose and mouth. Looks like a big boy.