Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer 2011


To keep up with our family blog, I'd better post a few pictures to reminisce about this summer's happenings. I won't go into detail as most families do fun things and thought I'd just show mostly pictures as they speak for themselves. Our summer didn't really start until July when we took our annual family trip to Loon Lake where we hang out with my brother and sisters and our kids, and Mummi and Papa Will. We always enjoy this time to relax, let the kids get dirty in the sand and take the majority of their baths in the lake.

Cousins starting top left: Miia, Reagan, Luukas, Kamryn, & Kaija
bottom left: Finn, Heleena, Brielle, Riley, Reina, Ethan, Ashton


2 cuties!
Richard, Eric, & Paul
NO big waves for me since I am preggers, but us little girls had fun!
Cousins Reagan, Kaija, & Kamryn
Cousins Ashton, Luukas, Riley, Ethan, & Finn
SSSSSS'mores!

This trip was great for "the guys" as they had great luck with fishing! I'm sure they could tell you exactly how many fish they got, what types, and how big they were, but all I know is there was plenty of fish to take home and it was probably some of the best fish I've ever had! I think some of the varieties were Walleye, Perch, and Kokanee Salmon. I'm amazed at how long they can fish and not get completely bored...although they probably can't imagine I could dance just as long.
Even the kids got in on the fishing
Reina was at a great age this year, just about 2 1/2. She was able to hang out with all of the girls since she can carry a decent conversation with anyone now. Reina still amazes me how well she can speak in clear and usually complete sentences. The weather was great so we got to spend lots of time outdoors! Our trip was over the week of the 4th of July so fireworks were big and grand. Uncle Teem and Uncle Eric outdid themselves with very fancy fireworks. The kids loved them, but I think Teem and Eric loved them a little more.
One of the highlights from our trip was a unique experience biking the Hiawatha Trail. This was original a route for the Hiawatha Train. It was nestled nicely between the beautiful, green hills in upper Idaho. This was a special trip since my dad grew up in Idaho and has an "O" scale of the Hiawatha train. Although the trail was 17 miles long, it was downhill so everyone got to enjoy the ride, even the little bikers.
This cave was 2 miles long! We needed lots of flashlights! P.S. Reina was NOT scared of the dark.
This is how Reina avoids accidents on trips!
Some new things this year for Loon Lake trip included:
Baby Finn Scarborough (born in March)
Baby Brielle Davies (Born in April)
Pregnant me (Due January 2012)
No diapers for me to change (except pull-up at night)
Us adult girls Zumba dancing on the porch (it's the "in thing" din'tchya know?)
We always look forward to this vacation!

Other doings this summer:
I have been working like a mad dog with my job. Summer is always busy for kids wanting to get their licenses. Usually I teach two classes and take most of August off, but since I didn't have plans I thought I could handle three classes. Still after 6 years I have not had a single car accident with a student (yes, I'm knocking on wood)! I recently was forced out of my classroom I've had the past few years since they are tearing down a wall. I will miss that classroom as I got accustomed to it's idiosyncrasies. Yet I really miss the classroom I had before that, so I'll adapt as usual. It's been hard to fit in all the other things I like to do every summer like berry picking, but I still managed to fill a shelf in the freezer of blueberries. A little disappointed I didn't have time for the other berries. Always next year! We do eat a ton of them though between the 3 of us.
Like mother like daughter...straight from the bucket!
My sister Tarja and her kids Reagan, Kamryn and Ethan are here for the summer taking care of the daycare while my mom is in Finland. This has been a real treat for Reina as she gets to know her cousins and vice verse. I am still trying to figure out a way for them to move here from California- we need them!

As Paul has just begun at Yoder Chiropractic he is bringing in some new patients as a vendor at the Clark County Fair. He barely moved back home, then we don't see him for 10 days, besides a body at night. We went out to visit him one day. Reina rode her first fair ride and of course the carousel. We also watched a juggler who did a lot more than juggling!
Paul's booth at the Clark County Fair
Both mommy and Reina stopped and stared for a long time...he decided to pose for me.

Cousins and friend got to go except Reina, too short. She cried the whole time they were on the ride.
First fair ride!
Another fun outing this summer was the Farmer's Market where we got kettle corn, some great produce in which I made homemade onion rings...probably so bad but so good!


Like it was picked out of the garden!



2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

Wow, I love all the pictures. Summers are the best! AND I think 2 1/2 is such a fun age, so many things they can do now. January will be here before you know it. Yikes!! SO excited for you.

Goodman Family said...

That is great that Paul is home and you guys have a daddy around! What is he doing with Guinn Chiro?