Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Reina!

Reina celebrated her 3rd birthday in style. I say this because it was bigger and better than anticipated. We thought since we just had a week old baby that her birthday would be overshadowed by the birth of her little brother. I didn't have time to plan for a big party with family, so I thought this year it would take place at my mom's house, where she goes everyday. We dedicated 2 hours for her party starting at 10am. All of her friends from daycare were there. We also invited her cousins Logan, Lauren, Heleena, and Ashton.
Her party was actually quite amazing! We borrowed a blow-up house from Paul's brother Bryan. A jumpy house is always a favorite among little-legged people. Add in some requested pink and purple balloons and cupcakes and you have a great party! Reina was such a sweetheart for sharing her balloons with her friends.


Here are some of the things that Reina loves by her 3rd birthday:
-dancing; she often will show off to friends and family that come over with cheers that she has learned from her 1st grade friend Elizabeth.
-singing; one of her favorite songs is a song she made up about underwear! Maybe sometime I can capture it on video..."Oh underwear, Oh underwear..."
-books; still one of her favorite past times is reading. We have recently started learning stories from the scriptures. It's rewarding to hear her recall a story about Jesus. Mummi was the one who started reading these stories to her, so we finally got some scripture story books to read before bed as well.
-obedience; she does not like to be wrong or be in trouble. Sometimes if she makes a mistake and gets in trouble she feels really bad about it. It's hard to explain, but she realizes when she makes a mistake and doesn't want someone else to notice the mistake she made. I totally get this aspect as I think she inherited it from me. Some people think I may "baby" her in getting in trouble but I know how it hurts her feelings.
-skirts and short sleeves; if it were up to her she would wear skimpy skirts and short sleeves everyday. I never let her get away with this because if I give in one day, she will expect it the next. I am adamant that she stays warm at all times. I hate it when kids get sick.
-Yo Gabba Gabba; she still loves this show. This might have to do with the fact that we DVR it, so every once in a while if she watches TV, it's this show that we have already recorded. I think Paul loves it and so encouraged her to like it. It's a positive show though, so I much prefer this over the Disney Channel. I do really like The Backyardigans though....fab show.
-She hasn't had a check-up for some time, but I'd say she is average in everything...height/weight. Although I do think she is advanced in her learning, memorizing, and motor skills. She still requires a pull-up at night though...hasn't had consecutive dry nights.
-pink and purple; what girl doesn't like these colors?
-The girl loves her milk!
-Prefers soup at most meals unless it is junk food night of french fries and fish sticks. Other favorite foods are nuts and seeds, cottage cheese with yogurt, banana with almond butter, broccoli, and blueberries.
-Best friends are Owen, Abigail, and Trevin

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Reina!!! She seems so grown up! So cute that she feels really bad when she gets in trouble. (that is not the case with Edward)