Friday, February 3, 2012

1 month

Our bundle of boy is 1 month old!
To celebrate I took a few pictures in the gorgeous weather and gave him a nice bath. He has not liked baths, but today he did not cry once! He loved the warm water and was just eating me up (actually, I think I was eating him up because he was looking at me finally). It's taken some time for him to adjust to sight. He has had some major "goo eyes". He still gets the crusties daily, but they are getting better. I think it's the jaundice finally coming out of his system through his eyes. That sounds ridiculous but the white parts aren't so yellow anymore, nor is the goo. I tried to capture him rolling over on video but it was a no go. He has rolled from his stomach to his back at least 5 times! This is quite the feat for only a month old if I do say so myself. Here are a few stats:
-Weight: 9.4 lbs.
-Can roll from stomach to back
-Enjoys nursing, often
-Does not take the bottle of pumped milk (tried for the first time today). Will keep trying.
-Likes a binki
-Has started enjoying just "being" (looking around and not needing to eat or sleep)
-Spits up A LOT
-Likes to sleep up against mama
-Is getting flaky skin and some baby acne

wrinkly forehead
Neighbor cat decided to join in the fun!
We still aren't sure who he looks like. He seems to take a little from a lot of different family members. He seems to be a true mix, at least for now. One things for sure, he looks all boy.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

So cute! I live the pictures!