Friday, February 17, 2012

Wannabe Photographer

It's true. I am a wannabe photographer. I have the passion, the ideas....but not so much the skill or equipment. I did just recently get a flash in the mail I have been waiting for. Yeah! I haven't used it yet so don't be judging me on these few pictures I'm posting...pre-flash. Maybe someday I will have the skill (experience) and the expensive equipment to match my passion and ideas. But for now, my family and blogs get the blunt of it.

I've always passed by the Glenn Jackson bridge and thought that the pillars make a great canvas. I finally went on a little outing with just Baelor since he was napping and it wasn't raining on this particular winter day.


The picture of Mount Hood was rather tricky. I didn't want to take Baelor all the way onto the bridge as the cars were on either side of us going 60mph. It feels a lot faster when you bring a baby up there than when you used to ride your bike to Portland and back pre-kids. So I kept him safely below on the ramp while I ran up and clicked towards Mount Hood. What made it so tricky was the fact that I was clicking pictures between the passing cars. Many of my shots have bits of car parts in them, but I did manage to get Mount Hood with my telephoto lens and no clouds covering her beauty.


 Sweet baby Baelor contrasted with the hard and dirty world


The rarety of the sun peaking through the moss and ivy trees



1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

I always pretend to be a photographer!! Looks great!