Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2 for 1 Birthday Deal


Baelor turned ONE on January 2nd. Reina turned FOUR on January 8th. What better way to celebrate than one party for two kids! Now is the time to do it, while they are still okay with sharing. We decided to have it at our house since many relatives haven't seen our house yet. .So in a way it was a birthday party and housewarming party! You know how I like multi-functional things. We comfortably fit 14 adults and 13 kids.  The theme I chose for a boy/girl party was CIRCLES/DOTS.

I tried to have all things round

Round table with balls hanging. Dots on the table cloth. Reina even had her polka-dot dress on.


100% homemade chocolate and carrot cake with edible circles. Baelor even devoured a slice of carrot cake!


Circle food including grapes, tangerines, meatballs, beef slices, rolls, and some other non-circular food.


My favorite idea was the gumdrop tree! I stole the idea from Pinterest, but rather than nasty spice drops stuck to a bare tree, I opted for Dots hanging from a lively tree.

We couldn't invite all of Reina's friends, but some of her closest friends came including: Abigail and sister Emily, Cousin Heleena and family, Cousins Logan and Lauren and family, Elizabeth, and all the grandparents.


I was suffering from an eye-infection (hense the red and gooby eyes), but was on medication for it. It was a little stressful since all the Christmas decor had to be taken down, party planning and prepping, and a trip to the doctor. I think I did well with controlling my stress. I like everything to be perfect. It was not. My cake was quickly decorated (although the cake itself turned out scrumptious) and  was more of a leaning Tower of Pisa. A quick brush of my hair was all I had time for, nor any makeup due to the eye infection. Most of those people see me at my worst anyway. Great birthday party all around!


1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

I love the idea of putting birthday's together. One party is enough. ha ha :)