Thursday, January 24, 2013

Interview With a Four Year Old



We are now looking at a four-year old little girl... and what a girl she is! My sister Sanni took some great pictures of the kids to mark their birthday milestones. It was freezing outside so they had to be quick! We are pleased that we got a few shots of their personalities. Thanks again sis! 


I decided to interview Reina as she can definitely speak for herself. Really, she has had quite the vocabulary since her second birthday. Reina has really developed into a special person. I remember the first time I held her in my arms at the hospital and my first instinct into her spirit was that she was older than me. I still believe this to be true as often our conversations feel like I'm the younger. She is so quick and witty, and always has been. There is so much to love about our big girl. I love that she enjoys learning and wants to be "good" at her work. Sometimes she gets frustrated if her uppercase "R" doesn't look just right, but always tries again. She can pretty much write the alphabet if verbally told a letter.
She is not shy at telling you that she loves you. I laugh how when she wants to sulk she says, "Don't talk to me, I'm shy." (Yeah right!) I love how she likes to keep her things clean and neat, but I've realized that she needs to learn some flexibility and patience. She and I are gonna have to both work on this together.


She is kind. At times she may throw an age-appropriate tantrum and copy-cat negative responses that she has seen, but she feels bad and always wants to resolve her behavior and make it right. I love that she has a conscience. I love that she adores her brother...laughs with him, protects him, makes him happy. 



I love how she is full of spunk and is an active girl. She is inventive, organized, and a born leader. She does like the girlie ponies and princesses, yet loves the mud and snow of the outdoors. Reina is a "jokester". She loves to laugh and make you laugh. I REALLY need to get her into acting because we would be sitting pretty with the money we'd make off of her. Okay, we love her too much to do that, but I would consider it if an acting scout came around. I guess we'll just put her in plays and other stage events since she seems to love it. Hmmm, could it be that both her parents like this?


Interview with a Four Year Old:
 
What is your favorite color?
"Purple, pink, ummmm yellow."

What do you like to do at Mummi's house?
"I like to do coloring, playing with Princesses, and I like to do, hmmm, playing with friends and drinking water AND going outside AND going to the twirly slide and I think that's all."

If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go?
"To Artica (referring to Antarctica?), to ride on an airplane, to play a game, and to sleep."

What is your favorite Princess?
"Princess Sleeping Beauty. Actually I like Arial."

What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
"Cereal...stick kind (fiber) and pillow kind (frosted shredded wheat). Is there a next question?"

What about for dinner?
"Spinach." Me: "That's your favorite? No it's not." Reina: "Actually yogurt and burritos."

What's your favorite things to do with mommy?
"Play games." Me: "What game?" Reina: "Freeze tag." Me: "We've never played that." Reina: "Dance with mommy." (Now thinking about it we did play freeze tag in the summer. She might have a better memory than me.)

What is your favorite thing to do with daddy?
"Dance also."

Reina: "Pause. I have to go potty SUPER BAD."

What is your favorite thing to do?
"I like to do ballet and do lipstick."

Who is your best friend?
"That I don't know really. It's Miia." (her cousin)

What else do you want people to know about you?
"Uhhhhh, play games... and dancing." (said in a robust voice)

(Throughout the whole interview she is asking if she can be done now so she can go play.)

Growth Stats:

Weight: 37.3 lbs / 69th percentile
Height: 40.9 in / 76th percentile
 
 


1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

You know, that is interesting you mention her spirit's age, because I had thought once Edward was born that he was much older than me. He has a look in his eyes that gives away his age. It is so wonderful to know we are in the presence of wise spiritual beings. Love her interview! Reina is so cute!