Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012



We had a rather simple Christmas this year. I am glad for that as life has been quite hectic. It started out with visiting Grandma and Grandpa Scarborough a few days before and enjoying the simple "country life". We usually stay the night as our visits with them are not as frequent as other relatives. We got to visit with my step-mom, Connie Jo's family and meet some relatives for the first time. How families grow and change! Every year they do a fun gift exchange game that has become popular. It's not a white elephant gift exchange, except for ONE white elephant gift that is passed on every year, THE ANGEL. Think of this like getting the "old maid". People who get "THE ANGEL" try to sneakily wrap it to look like something different as to trick people into getting it. I was just boasting about how I never get it. I got it. The one good thing about getting it is I don't have to shop for a gift next year :)

They recently lost their peacock so we found one for them :)
It started snowing while we were there...didn't pack any snow clothes so Christmas dress and boots it was. Reina was so excited! She loves the snow.



Christmas morning was simple. Just our small family at our own home. We didn't wake up early or late, just normal daily time. We didn't open presents until breakfast was eaten, stockings were stripped, and hair was did- yep, giving daddy a much-needed hair cut. While the kids were enjoying their stockings I got started making a pie for Papa Will. Part of his gift the last few years has been a homemade peach pie, his favorite. After opening gifts we joined Papa Will and Mummi at their house along with my sister Sanni and her family, and Richard's parents (who were visiting) for Christmas dinner and games.


We have really kept the purpose of Christmas alive in our home with viewings of the Nativity, Christ-centered music, and teaching Reina the reason for celebrating Christmas. We love to hear her say, "I want to see Jesus. I love him SO much." 
  This year she understands the concept of Santa, so we left cookies out for him and she enjoyed the goofy stocking gifts and Rapunzel doll that he left for her.


Santa really knew what Baelor wanted- a riding toy! He can't reach the pedals yet, but he loves to push it all around the house while blasting all the different noises and songs.


Paul and I were really spoiled this year because we have lots of "new" things for our home that we have collected the past few months. I'll get to the before and after pictures in a few weeks. In addition to new furniture and accessories, we got a soundbar for our tv that not only gives excellent sound for movies, but also plays my little ipod, radio, etc. I love multi-functional things! Paul got me a blu-ray player for our bedroom. I don't really care that it is a blu-ray player, but I did want something that will play Netflix, Pandora radio, etc. since our xbox is used for this purpose downstairs. I love movies and shows in bed since I fall asleep anyway. Perfect! I got Paul a GPS for the car. Seems we are always printing out directions for somewhere. We don't need a smartphone except for the GPS function so we decided that it is cheaper to just buy the GPS.

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Looks like so much fun! AND SNOW! Totally jealous. Both your children are getting so big.