Sunday, November 2, 2014

Happy Birthday!


Aliisa in 2005

Aliisa in 2014. How is she even more beautiful now?!





















Anybody who follows this blog knows that Aliisa puts a lot of her heart and soul into preserving a memory of our lives together. She is very good at pointing out all of the milestones and exciting things in our kids’ lives as well as mine, her husband. Now it is my turn to talk about her, maybe embarrass her a little, let you in on some inside secrets that she hasn’t shared here before, and tell the other side of the story of our family.

Little did you know but in many of these blog posts a big part is missing. Aliisa is more than often behind the camera snapping pictures of the things we do in our lives. What you don’t see is a mother who tries so hard to create a heritage for her family that she loses sleep just to put this blog together to preserve a record of our family. 

I would be remiss if I didn’t say how much we love Aliisa. She is the glue that keeps our family bond strong. She is the one who makes sure that our kids have hats on if the weather drops below 60 degrees (a slight exaggeration) so that they don’t get sick. She is the one making healthy lunches for Reina to take to school. She is the one encouraging me in my pursuits. She is our biggest cheerleader.

In case you didn’t know Aliisa is incredibly selfless. She is very giving of herself. There have been countless nights where we lie in bed and Aliisa talks about how she wants to find more ways to be of service. She is always trying to improve and be better, no matter what the situation.

Since we’ve been married I have fallen more and more in love with Aliisa. She is more beautiful today than she was eleven years ago. I know a lot of men say this, but in our case it is true. Aliisa has matured into a stunningly beautiful woman. She glows when performing her roles as a mother. A husband could not ask for a better spouse, companion and helpmeet than I have.

Aliisa, as you read this know that I love you. Your strength carries me through so many of life’s trials. I hope that you feel the same about me. Happy birthday.




1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Beautifully said, Paul. Happy Birthday, Aliisa!