Saturday, April 18, 2015

Easter


So like most people for Easter with children, we did the whole egg hunting event. Normally the kids get dressed up in matching outfits for church...cuz that's what you do, right? Well, this year we happened to have General Conference (watching church on TV in our comfy jammies) on Easter weekend.
I tried to keep it extra special since both are very rare for us. This sounds crazy but because breakfast was special and not just cereal, I made homemade oatmeal and bacon! Yup. Our kids love homemade oatmeal and can eat way more of this than any pancake breakfast. Although I'm sure if I gave them ooy-gooy cinnamon rolls like many other families have they would have no problem gobbling them up. After the first session of conference we did a small little Easter hunt outside. I didn't have any planned outfits so I just tried to make it look like I did. How did I do?
We joined the rest of my family who live in town for Easter dinner. Good food, good family, and good General Conference made a delightful Easter Sunday. Reina has always been very interested in learning more about our Savior and His resurrection. I showed her a couple of videos on the church website that really glorify Him and all that He has done for each one of us. Paul and I have a hard time really taking in all eight hours of talks for Conference with little kids. So the past couple years we have downloaded the talks and listen to them in the car. This helps tremendously!

1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

I love the cute outfits!!! Low key Easter for the win!!