Friday, April 10, 2015

March

What a mild month we have had! The weather has been so pleasant and not rainy that we have had multiple days of outdoor fun! I love that with my job I get to see the beautiful blooms on the trees in all their varieties and some spectacular views! There have been lots of trips to the park with family.







Mummi celebrated her 29th birthday again so I had everyone come over and enjoy a true Finnish Strawberry cake. I make at least two a year.



Paul's "I'm a Guinn Twin" shirt




We went on a 2 mile hike with the kids to Lacamas Lake Park (just a short 10 minute drive away). We didn't want to go too far as we haven't tested how far Reina can really hike. She did awesome! It did help that they had a fun little park nearby.


For St. Patrick's Day I tried to pack all things green in Reina's lunch. Well, I got about half of it green including green peas and green jello. For dinner we had an Irish feast of corned beef and cabbage with potatoes and onions, and dessert was mint chocolate ice cream.

Reina has been begging me for months for some glasses like mine. I finally got around to letting her choose some. I guess she liked mine! By the way, neither of us have a prescription.


Reina inspired me to wear mine on our "fancy dinner" date night

...and her friend Ainzlee


We had our ward talent show that Paul and I were in charge of. Phew! Glad it's over and it went very well! Paul did an AMAZING job as the host. He had to come up with all the jokes in between acts. He even did a made-up version to George Michael's "Faith". He totally nailed it! My cha-cha and hip hop dance went well-ish? The first part great, but I kind of messed up the hip hop portion with my mom and friend Melissa. My brain was not thinking about my dance as I had to prep for each act going up next. Oh well, I guess no one really noticed. Reina and her friends did spectacular at their Zumba dance to "Waka Waka". So dang cute! Everyone says that they will never look at us the same way again! Hopefully all good, right? You can watch Reina's and Paul's. Mine got taken off Youtube for copyright infringement :(

Reina's Waka Waka dance

Paul's opening George Michael parody

Here's some other random March happenings:
Usually I'm not one for tattoos, but I liked these gold ones. Apparently Reina AND Baelor did too.
Chinese with Steve and fiance Katie




If we ever go to Ikea, the kids are lucky if we stop to get frozen yogurt at my favorite shop.

Kids Club birthday party (they are waiting for the bucket of balls to fall on them)

Baelor and cousin Karter being put to good use washing Papa Will's car
Picnic in the park


1 comment:

Julie Barnes said...

Looks like fun!! I need some of your recipes! The strawberry cake looks delicious!